Page 1 of 1

Hello From Nova Scotia (Canada)

Posted: Jun 21st, 2012, 8:42 am
by benh007
Hi,

I read this forum for info on how to build a ROV so I thought it would be good to join and post picture of the progress.

Attached is the start of my ROV. The plans changed a few time mainly due to finding the parts I wanted. Originally I was
going to make it out of 2 1/2 pipe but quickly learned that don't have T's or elbows.

I wanted a large top pipe (3") so I can add electronics etc.

Thanks for all the great info people post.

Ben

Re: Hello From Nova Scotia (Canada)

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:29 am
by sthone
Welcome to the group....

It looks like your off to a good start, it's probably a good thing you didn't use 2 1/2" Pipe it would probably only add to the weight of the Rov, and the more weight it is the more power you would need to move it around. Plus unless you need that much buoyancy you would only end up adding more weight to it to get it to sink :)

-Steve 8-)

Re: Hello From Nova Scotia (Canada)

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2012, 9:47 pm
by bikerbones1968
Welcome to the forums. Where are you in NS? I am in the Annapolis Valley!

Re: Hello From Nova Scotia (Canada)

Posted: Jun 24th, 2012, 2:59 am
by soulreaper
Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your ROV progress.