I need a setup where I can deliver live feed to my laptop, and I need my laptop to recognize it as a camera feed. I am using the Processing language to display the video with a nice HUD over it.
I've seen CMOS cameras like this used through Arduino (I think) and sent through serial to the laptop. Then I've had people who say Arduino does not have enough processing power and/or memory to work with video. I will use whatever Arduino is necessary, but as far as I can tell the Mega2560 is most superior. Does anybody have any experience/idea how to use this?
This is what I WANT to do, but obviously if it isn't doable, I will find another way. I would preferably stay with Arduino instead of RasPi, or a camera isolated from the MCU altogether and some type of signal that will allow my laptop(more specifically the Processing language) to distinguish it as a camera feed. The API for the camera function is HERE in case that is helpful. Any help/ideas are appreciated