Page 1 of 1

Ryboscope project

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2013, 2:23 pm
by Lohness
Hi.

I'd like to introduce my ROV project design.

Underwater.
Controlling system - Arduino nano 3.
Engines - brushless motors, controlled by ESCs.
Power - one or more LiPo.
Light - most probably diode lamps.
Camera - a simple CCD camera module with RCA connector + RCA-cat5 adapter.
Connection - rs485 chip connected to Arduino and one of the tether's twisted pairs.
Sensors - compass is really needed, but as far as I have some 10dof IMUs, I will use them via SPI, so Ryboscope will have gyro, accelerometer and compass. Depth sensor is needed as well, but I,m not sure now which one to use.
Frame - polypropylene tubes with various fittings. Most probably flat plexiglass will be used instead of a dome as I do not have one.

Tether.
Cat5 cable.
2 twisted pairs - for rs485 connection.
1 twisted pair - for video transmission.
1 twisted pair - reserved.

Shore.
Arduino nano connected to laptop.
Rs485 chip connected to tether and Arduino.
Cat5-RCA adapter + video to USB converted connected to laptop.
Laptop with controlling GUI program (I suppose QT5 will be used to get cross-platform solution).

The design is rather usual, however, please comment my ideas and criticize if needed :)

Re: Ryboscope project

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2013, 2:28 pm
by Lohness
The max depth in my country (Belarus) is about 50 meters, but the most usual is about 5-10, so high pressure is not expected.

Re: Ryboscope project

Posted: Nov 8th, 2013, 9:38 pm
by scubersteve
Sounds like fun.
I look forward to seeing pictures.
Keep us updated.