Page 1 of 1
Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 16th, 2013, 7:34 pm
by Atle.norway
Hello i have just joined this forum and im exited about talking and learning about rovs.
Almost ready with my first rov .i dont know anyone who actually care about my new hobby.
So this is a very cool forum.have done everything myself and are getting good with using macgyver solutions.so hello everybody.
Feel free to mail me about rov questions
Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 16th, 2013, 9:00 pm
by scubersteve
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I tell everyone else...
Welcome to the forum and post lots of pictures.
I love seeing what everyone else is doing.
So...what are you doing?

Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 17th, 2013, 7:52 am
by Atle.norway
Im makin an rov with parts i can scavange from stores around my hometown.you would be amazed what you can find if you look long enough.look i have an ipad mini and still dont know how to send pictures to this forum.if you can help i would apreciate it.have taken photos of the whole building process
Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 17th, 2013, 9:07 am
by scubersteve
I primarily use a kindle fire, but I can try...
So near the bottom of the page when you are composing your post there is a box that says "choose file".
Click that box and then there should be a pop up that lets you select your picture saved on your ipad.
After you select the file the name will appear in the box next to the "choose file" box.
Now look slightly below that and you will see another box that says "add the file".
Click that and it will upload your picture and a box that says "place inline" will show up in the attachment section immediately below the composition area.
Place your cursor in your message where you want your picture to appear and click that box and a text line that represents your picture will be placed there.
Preview it just to make sure it's as you want it and then submit.
I hope that works for you..I want to see what you have built.
Good luck

Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 17th, 2013, 2:28 pm
by Atle.norway
Well picture was too big over 700kb. But i can send them on mail if you want?
Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 17th, 2013, 4:29 pm
by scubersteve
I suppose you could if you want, but if you could resize them then everyone could see.
There's got to be a way to do it.
Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Mar 17th, 2013, 7:51 pm
by Atle.norway
Downloaded an app thinpic supposed to shrink size of picture by 70%.still too big tried only one picture.not a chance.i just dont know what to do.would really like to show you the building of mac(rovs name) named it after my childhood hero
Re: Hello from norway
Posted: Apr 23rd, 2013, 2:57 pm
by fryslan76
Hi Atle,
Maybe you can run the program twice to shrink the file? Must admit I have knowledge of Ipads and the software on it.
Regards,