Page 3 of 3

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 7th, 2015, 5:18 pm
by rossrov
Some good advice has been offered here. However, you could use radio communications as shown in the following links :) but bandwidth is not enough for video. Alternatively, run a tether up to a buoy and put the antennas on that.

http://www.vlf.it/zevs/zevs.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Sanguine

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 10th, 2015, 3:59 pm
by Jacob
Thanks guys! Cool articles.

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 11th, 2015, 3:06 pm
by captainrwooten
a_shorething

:Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible."
Mary McLeod Bethune

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 14th, 2015, 12:03 pm
by Jacob
Can you guys give me any ideas on a wired fpv camera? I am thinking my price range will be under $50, and the camera can't be over 1.5 in. tall or wide.

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 14th, 2015, 12:16 pm
by ROVER3D
Can you guys give me any ideas on a wired fpv camera? I am thinking my price range will be under $50
Hey,
then try to get a gopro 1 on ebay. You can choose your range between 127° and 170°... very usefull for navigation under water. Also recorded in HD!

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 14th, 2015, 1:30 pm
by Bindo
I Have one of these....

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/st ... amera.html

on my quadcopter, i mainly use it as a nav/backup camera if my gopro poops its pants (they have been known to freeze up and power off at times)

it records decent footage to the SD card, but i can only find it with PAL, whereas my gopro is set to NTSC for 30/60/120fps, as opposed to PAL which records at 25/50/100fps, settings dependant.

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 15th, 2015, 6:56 am
by a_shorething
captainrwooten wrote:a_shorething

:Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible."
Mary McLeod Bethune
I assume this is referring to my comment about controlling an ROV using a laptop from a kayak.

I find that Newton cancels out Bethune... :)


Maybe I should have said 'prohibitively difficult and potentially expensive' rather than impossible.

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 16th, 2015, 6:51 pm
by Jacob
Thanks for the ideas! I looked at that camera Bindo, and it looks great. My only question is whether it can actually give me live feed underwater, in a pvc hull. Any input anyone? Thanks!

Re: Help with design

Posted: Apr 26th, 2015, 8:34 am
by Bindo
Hi Jacob.

it will give you live video out, the same as any board camera, though you may need a balun depending on your tether length etc