Hello from Aberdeen!

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Post Reply
uberdeity
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 28th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Hello from Aberdeen!

Post by uberdeity »

Greetings from Aberdeen, Scotland!

I've been designing/repairing/otherwise working with ROVs and other subsea tech for about 5 years now, and after a few half-arsed / half-hearted attempts I gave up trying to build a model ROV. But I've had a recent change of heart and am now putting together my own ROV!

This looks like an excellent site, and will try to help where I can. They say you learn from your mistakes, and I've made pretty much all of them so far :P

Regards,
Uberdeity
User avatar
bikerbones1968
Posts: 374
Joined: May 10th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Location: Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia
Contact:

Re: Hello from Aberdeen!

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Welcome to the forums uberdeity. I always say if you never make mistakes, your not doing anything! This is a great site and lots of experience here to help anyone from novice to advanced builders.

Cheers
Anthony
User avatar
sthone
Posts: 589
Joined: Nov 8th, 2010, 9:25 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hello from Aberdeen!

Post by sthone »

Welcome to the forum, hopefully we can help you out along the way and vice-verse.

I've had a lot of trial and error along the way but now that I look back at all my failed attempts I have to just laugh at my self, after all.... even though I may have had some failures along the way I've had a lot of fun too.

I actually wish more people would post there failures and not just their successes that way others can learn from their mistakes and not have to repeat them.

Again Welcome to our little group,

-Steve 8-)
Post Reply