Search found 4 matches

by MelLandry
Jan 12th, 2013, 7:33 am
Forum: Get Your Feet Wet
Topic: Am I headed in the right direction?
Replies: 6
Views: 5981

Re: Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks Ryan. I've been following your build on here and you've given me a lot of inspiration. Another question for everyone: I have been thinking about this more over the last week and doing a bit more research. It seems that if I want to use the laptop, I'm going to have to build the GUI to communi...
by MelLandry
Jan 7th, 2013, 6:52 am
Forum: Get Your Feet Wet
Topic: Am I headed in the right direction?
Replies: 6
Views: 5981

Re: Am I headed in the right direction?

thegadgetguy wrote:
Well, I hope I answered at least a few of your questions. ;) Good luck on your build!
You certainly did answer a few of my questions! Thank you so much.


Mel
by MelLandry
Jan 6th, 2013, 9:01 pm
Forum: Get Your Feet Wet
Topic: Am I headed in the right direction?
Replies: 6
Views: 5981

Re: Am I headed in the right direction?

there is a ROV that furfills alot of your wishes: OpenROV - http://www.openrov.com Thanks for the response. The OpenROV is actually what got me excited about doing this. I was playing around on Kickstarter.com and came across their proposal there. However, I think going that route would allow me to...
by MelLandry
Jan 5th, 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum: Get Your Feet Wet
Topic: Am I headed in the right direction?
Replies: 6
Views: 5981

Am I headed in the right direction?

Here it is, my first post. I've been trolling for a while now, mentally assembling my ROV. I've created a checklist of major components and wanted to see if (what are about to be) my first steps are steps in the right direction. Background: I've been playing with RC planes, boats, and cars all my li...